Dr Robertus J.M.M. Thoolen, PhD, CRP/TP
Board Certified Toxicologic Pathologist
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Total years of training and experience: 28 years
- Formal examinations and practical training in General and Special Pathology of Medicine at the Academic Hospital Utrecht, Department of Pathology for one year (1985-1986) – Prof. Dr. J.A.M. van Unnik, Dr. C. Gielis.
- Training program “Veterinary Pathology” (theory and practical training for Veterinary students. Studying Pathology of laboratory animals for one year (1988-1989) – Prof. dr. P. Zwart.
- Pathologist and pathology training at the Central Veterinary Institute at Lelystad (1989-1991) – Prof. dr. J.E. van Dijk.
- Formal post-graduate course in Microscopical Pathology for two years at the Veterinary Faculty, Department of Veterinary Pathology (1989-1991) – Prof. dr. J. Mouwen.
- Formal post-graduate programme for Laboratory Animal Pathologist (1989-1993) – Prof. dr. J.E. van Dijk (Royal University Utrecht) and R. Dawes (Solvay).
- Formal courses for certification as Toxicologic Pathologist (1993-1996) – Prof. dr. J.E. van Dijk and Prof. dr. J. Vos.
- Formal examinations and practical training in General and Special Pathology of Medicine at the Academic Hospital Utrecht, Department of Pathology during study of Medicine (1997) – Prof. dr. van den Tweel.
- Pathologist at Solvay in department of Toxicology/Drug Safety/Preclinical Drug validation Unit (1992-2004).
- Toxicologic Pathologist/Managing Director of Global Pathology Support (2004-now)
- Set up Gobal INHAND Liver Nomenclature document as BSTP representative (first author amongst representatives of the STP, ESTP, and GSTP respectively (2007-2010.
|1992||current Member of The Netherlands Society of Toxicology.|
|1992 – 1993||Member of the Charles Lewis Foundation.|
|1993 – current||Elected Member of The Pathological Society of the Netherlands.|
|1993 – current||Elected Member of The Society of Toxicologic Pathologists.|
|2004 – 2010||Member of the Board of the European Society of Toxicologic Pathology (ESTP).|
|2007||Member of the British Society of Toxicologic Pathology.|
|2005 – 2010||Member of the Educational Board of the Netherlands Society for Pathology.|